Saturday, December 06, 2014

Nikolaus Day

When we were kids this was always a rather exiting day, waiting to see if we were good and St. Nikolaus would bring us something nice or if we were bad and the Krampus would punish us or take us away. Personally I think it stinks to frighten children like that but, well, it was the 60s. ;-) I remember one night someone rattled chains and made a lot of noise in the hallway and I got really scared, luckily my grandma put an end to the shenanigans.

This is me, sometime BB ('before brother'), my guess is 1965 or 1966 (when brother was still too young to participate). I must have been good that year, there are lots of nice things in that container.

Today we still celebrate, but we keep it simple. This year we will have some gingerbread and mulled cider and I made a goodie basket for us.




2 comments:

Maria said...

I remember St Nickolas from when I was Little....

karen said...

you are a cutie! My mom used to give a little presents in our shoes :) I loved that!