Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekend

I had a nice weekend, temperatures were in the lower to mid 80s, it was sunny but with a cool breeze and finally dry enough for Del to battle the jungle out back mow.

This weekend brought the first taste of Autumn from the farmer's market.


A nice relaxed Sunday breakfast.


And a new craft project, another crochet pillow, I love this pattern. And so does MamaCat.


My mind has been so full lately with things I need to do, want to do, should be doing and so on, I had trouble turning it off at night to get to sleep. So I started a notebook in which I write down everything just willy nilly as it comes to mind. Chores, craft projects, plans for upcoming celebrations, etc. I hope this will help empty my mind a bit and remind me of all the things I want to do.


I also raided the 'free for kindle' section on amazon again and acquired 143 books to read on my computer since I don't even own a kindle. They are all from the history section and I am looking forward to start reading them.

I hope your weekend was a good one too. Things will get back to 'normal' around here tomorrow, vacation time for Del is over and we will both go back to our regular work.

Joining with Karen

2 comments:

Donna said...

Such a pretty pillow! I see your cat loves your yarn too. Great idea to write everything down - I find it helps so I don't forget things..

karen said...

I have many notebooks and I do not know what my life would be without them. I get more done the more I write!! Lovely project :)