Sunday, February 09, 2014

Weekend

I broke the spell and did crafty things this weekend! Don't worry, I still cooked and baked as well.
I made a tiny quilt out of my Valentine's Day cat stitchery and turned a previously started applique and stitchery block into a lavender pillow, filled with lavender from my garden. It is also my heart for February.


The weather was so so, no rain, cold in the morning, warming up during the day. Although it still gets cold there is a noticeable shift in the seasons, the air feels softer, the days are getting longer on both ends now and some new green is poking through the soil in the garden. I am itching to get out and work in the garden even with snow in the forecast, I think I am getting cabin fever.

We watched some old movies and I knitted a bit more on my froggie socks, I have no idea why they take so long, must be the thin yarn.

Tomorrow is housework day and once I am done with all the chores it will be back to the sewing machine. MamaCat is fine again, the hairball must have shifted and she is back to her usual nutty self. That improved my mood tremendously and I am looking forward to a creative week.

Hope your weekend was a good one too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Mama cat is feeling better.
I am ready to do some gardening too. I think I am going to get some seeds planted here in the house one day this week to give them a head start.
I love watching old movies, usually they are much better than the new ones. We did go see The Monuments Men today and I enjoyed it.

karen said...

love the little quilt you made. I need to get back into baking, we are running low on cookies.

Traudi Gartendrossel said...

Dein Februar-Herz ist wunderschön und gefällt mir sehr mit der zarten Stickerei.

Liebe Grüße aus dem Drosselgarten schickt Dir Traudi