Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend

Saturday was cool and rainy, perfect for working on indoor projects. We fall cleaned the bedroom. It involved a lot of vacuuming and dusting and moving of stuff. Since it also doubles as my sewing room there are lots of storage totes with fabrics under the big worktable and the bed. Everything got moved out of the room, the floor was thoroughly cleaned, all the furniture was dusted and polished and all the stuffed animals got a vacuum bath, even the mattress came out of the bed for a good vacuuming and then got freshened up with the help of baking soda. Three of our cats are not afraid of the noisy blue thing and helped us with the cleaning. The others were hiding out in the porch. By lunchtime we were almost finished and we took a well earned pizza break.


After lunch we put everything back into the room. Because we worked so hard we treated ourselves with a nice big slice of this in the afternoon.


It is a spice cake with caramel icing, very yummy, but I do not make it very often, the icing is so sweet it knocks your socks off, but once or twice a year it is just fine.

Sunday morning I organized my craft cabinet which was in dire need of a makeover. I had recently just crammed everything into it that I wanted to keep away from the cats and it was a mess. I organized the projects that need working on in baggies and baskets and now I have a better idea of exactly how many WIPs are hiding in there. Plenty of stuff to do in Winter. In the afternoon we had more cake and watched movies on Amazon. It was a good weekend.

I have a busy day ahead of me today, I am a tad behind with making the birthday gifts for the kitties and their birthday is tomorrow, there is also laundry to be done since the forecast said it would be dry weather for most of the week.
I hope your weekend was a good one too!

2 comments:

sigisart said...

Dear Maria,
your Pizza Looks great, bit the cake really seams to be something like a "calorien bomb", I don´t know how you say...
Hugs from Germany
sigisart

Jackie's Stitches said...

The pizza and cake look absolutely delicious! I wish I had your energy for fall cleaning!