Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Day in My Life

My day almost began way too early at 2:30 in the morning, when Mr. Leo decided he wanted to play and attacked my feet. I was able to convince him that it would be much better for him to go back to sleep or to find one of the other cats to play with. I went back to sleep and then my day started officially around 7 a.m., which was more to my liking.
We had a breakfast fit for a king, freshly baked pumpkin muffins with apple butter, bacon, eggs, fruits, coffee and orange juice.


After breakfast I read through some blogs I always visit on the weekend and checked into some other websites. The weather was nice and cool and even our house is finally cooling off a bit. I was able to work some more on my crochet project, which will become a kimono-style cardigan to wear around the house. I use a rather hairy yarn and that is the reason I crochet rather than knit with it, much easier to find my place again if I have to undo something.

After a late lunch of pork chops, onion-tomato-squash stir fry and potatoes, we had homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert, made with coconut milk, and in the afternoon we watched "Das Boot", which made me feel a tad claustrophobic and I needed to step out into the garden for a breath of fresh air or two. The movie is 3.5 hours long but it does not feel that long at all.

After a fight with my computer, the camera software and the cat insisting on lying on the keyboard, I was finally able to get onto my blog. Now I am going to fix a light dinner and then we will watch some more stuff for the rest of the evening (probably "Torchwood").

Sundays are usually quiet around here and may seem a bit boring, but that's how we like it.

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Sundays are quiet around here too and we also enjoy that! Your meals look and sound delicious!

karen said...

so happy to read you won the battle with the computer and camera software! I love visiting blogs and seeing what's new :)