Sunday, July 14, 2013

'Cool' Weekend

Oh yeah, the temperatures were down and I slept really well for the first time in quite a while. The cats were livelier too and ate more. I have noticed that they eat a lot less in hot weather than they do when it is really cold. In Winter I had to buy an extra bag of cat food every other shopping weekend, now I can skip one instead.


I took advantage of the cooler temperatures on Saturday and baked bread and scones and made pizza for lunch.


I took Sunday off from all housework except cooking 'whatever' stew for lunch. Beef stew with whatever else I can find to put into, this time it was potatoes, carrots, beans and lots of different spices and herbs, it was good.
I spent some time looking around blog world to see what other people are up to and came across this BOM which looks very nice and very work intensive. The patterns are in German. Wo die Liebe hinfaellt.
I found some nice blogs from fellow Austrian quilters and crafters as well. Lots of ideas and inspiration out there.
Del mowed and weeded and now the back yard looks a little less like jungle and a little more like a garden again..
The next few days are supposed to get very hot again, yikes. I just hope they will be dry so I can work off my laundry back log.
Hope you all had a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your baked goods look absolutely delicious!

I didn't know cats eat less in summer. I guess we haven't had Sammy long enough to notice. It also might make a difference that he was a stray for so long.

karen said...

it's supposed to get hot here as well, and I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully your bread will last :)