Monday, April 09, 2012

Weekend

We had a long weekend, Del was off on Friday. The weather was nice and we finally got the spring garden planted - carrots, radishes, spring onions, parsnips, spinach, lettuce, beets and kohlrabi, beans and peas. And since the planting was not followed by heavy rain I have hopes that the veggies will actually grow where I planted them. ;-)
Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market which was quite packed already. Lots of people, on sale are mostly plants and early vegetables and strawberries. Nothing says Spring for me like asparagus and strawberries. I baked some treats for the weekend, a cinnamon-swirl-raisin egg bread for breakfast and a cheesecake for dessert. Lunch was roasted asparagus with scrambled eggs.


Something must have been in the air that triggered a nasty allergy attack and I was not feeling too good for the rest of the weekend which was therefore spent puttering around the house. 
We watched the first season of 'Downton Abbey' and we liked it a lot, well written and acted and my favorite part is that none of the characters are all good or all bad (well, except one, he has not shown any good side so far).
I did a bit of knitting and reading and of course there was a lot of kitty loving.

I hope your weekend was a good one.

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Your cheesecake looks amazing!
I hope you are feeling better. The pollen is still bad here and I am fighting it daily!
Our spring garden is almost all planted, I still need to get the okra and some more herbs in the ground.
Let the weeding begin! :)
xx

karen said...

My allergies are crazy this year. I
I sneezed about 10 times and had a runny nose for hours the other day.I think the early spring has unleashed too many allergens. Hope you feel better now! Happy Easter!