Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yarn Along

Good morning friends! Time for another yarn along with Ginny.
I am knitting a new purple cowl. The pattern is a freebie from the yarn company, the yarn is Patons Lace Sequin in Amethyst. I was not sure about the tiny sequins in the yarn but I loved the color so much I bought it anyway. I do not feel them while knitting and they add just a little sparkle. I must say though that I like the wrong side of the pattern a lot more than the right side. Last night one of the kittens managed to quietly chew through the yarn and later I picked up what I thought was a dropped stitch, turned out it must have been something else because I ended up with one stitch too many. Had to un-knit one row (luckily just one) and do something with the extra stitch (it turned out to be a dropped stitch after all I just did not pull it all the way up to the right row). I am still reading 'Under the Tuscan Sun'.

8 comments:

momto5 said...

i like that purple alot.
so is the book good? i have seen the movie, but i am sure there is much more stuff going on in the book.

karen said...

Excellent save on the mistake! Sometimes a really good yarn shows when you can unknit it. Knitting with alpaca and dropping a stitch can be stressful for me-wool is my friend :)

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Pretty purple!

www.OhThePlacesWellRoll.com said...

those kitties. they will find trouble anywhere.

:)
jen

Mary said...

beautiful color and I really enjoyed Under the Tuscan Sun, thanks for sharing...

Kylie said...

Lovely shade of purple :) I first read 'Under The Tuscan Sun' when it first came out, and have re-read it a few times since...wonderful book!

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! I am working on a shawl and ended up with 1 stitch too few and had to unknit several rows. I feel your pain! :-)

Linda C said...

The movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" is one of my favorites. I know it was based on your book but have been unable to locate it. Do you recommend it?