Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend

This weekend

- we saw a lot of fog and even more rain
- we went to the farmer's market
- we cooked and ate okra for the first time ever, and we liked it
- we visited a new (for us) church, the fifth one in the six years we have been living here, this one is quite different but maybe promising
- we went to the library to pick up a book and came back with a stack of DVDs
- we watched "The Pillars of the Earth" and liked it a lot, now I want to re-read the book, it has been a very long time since I read it and I can't remember much
- we went to a talk about railway history in NC and specifically in High Point
- I had a rather sleepless night due to too much stress during the day and too many crickets in the garden
- I started reading "The Help" and so far I am not liking it
- I started a new knitting project, something simple to keep my hands occupied while watching DVDs

I am still struggling with a lot of things but at least there are moments of light in the darkness now. Maybe things will start to ease up soon.

I hope your weekend was a good one and that this week will bring some good things for us all.

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Maria, I have been thinking about you a lot and hope you are finding peace in you days. Glad you were able to try okra and you liked it. I think it's ok, my husband loves it. I have been trying to eat something new each month just to broaden my palette. I found out I don't like ugly fruit; I paid a lot for what tasted like a bad grapefruit. We have been getting a lot of rain in the afternoons along with thunder and lightening, makes me think of spring. I hope you have a lovely Monday. xx

karen said...

Your farmer's market always yields some yummy purchases.