Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend

The weekend was very hot and humid but at least no more thunderstorms. We managed to get our weekly shopping done between the first and the second one on Friday night. Here are the pleasures of the weekend:

Early morning garden work followed by a lovely and refreshing breakfast.


A trip to the library - the steamy romance novel in German just does not cut it for me so I am back to more educational reading. ;)


Finding enormous zucchinis in the garden, hidden between the beds.


Reading - started to read 'A Homemade Life'.
Knitting - I made a pledge to the Pink Slipper Project for their Christmas in July Challenge and I am knitting washcloths and bath mitts.
Baking - despite the heat I made zucchini bread.
Cooking - Zucchini fritters on Saturday and chicken wraps with peanut sauce on Sunday.

Now it is time to ease myself into the new week, laundry is waiting to be hung, beds to be changed and bathroom and cat boxes to be cleaned.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

1 comment:

karen said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!