Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Knitting and Reading

Happy Wednesday, another week halfway over and it is going to be a scorcher today, yikes!

Whenever I finish a project I allow myself to start a new one. I was looking for something pretty, not too complicated and that would show off the color change in the yarn well. I found the Eliina Shawl. So far I am enjoying it very much. I never thought I would actually enjoy knitting with lace yarn but I do. This is my second project with Patons Lace and both times I bought the yarn because I liked the color. I am still reading "A Homemade Life" and I am not too thrilled with it, I know it is the result of the authors blogging and it does read more like a blog than a book, but I will finish it.


Hop on over to Ginny and get inspired to read and knit.

6 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I have never used lace yarn, but seeing your's makes me want to try.

I don't have a pattern for the market bag. All I did was cast on a bunch of stitches, join in the round and knit. When I thought it was long enough, I k2tg every other row until I couldn't go any further and then cast off and drew the yarn thru. The handles are just garter stitch and then I sewed them on. I know I have seen patterns but I just wanted something easy to do with no worries.

karen said...

I love that colorway!!!! and the shawl does show it out fantastically.

Mabiana said...

That's a very pretty pattern - maybe I'll try that one day, too. :-)

Frieda said...

Beautiful shawl, wonderful colours ! I had no idea that patons even had lace yarn . Must see if I can find some if all the colours are as gorgeous as that .

Aussie Maria said...

A very pretty pattern and a great colour way to show if off

Jen {Wife, "Mom", Knitter} said...

While I've knit lace, I've never knit with laceweight yarn. I have it in my stash, so I have no excuse there.