Saturday, May 21, 2011

Farmer's Market and Garden Pictures

I am back. I have been 'under the weather' for a while now, emotionally, physically and mentally and I was in a really bad place. But I am digging myself slowly out of the pit and I am returning to the light.
Today we went to the farmer's market and it was crowded. We have decided to try and get there earlier in the future, going first thing in the morning and having breakfast after we get back. It was already very warm when we got there and I am no longer used to such crowds, they also make it hard to interact with the people you buy from.
Our purchases today came to $ 19.- and they were: 1 dozen eggs, 1 lb fresh chicken sausages, 1 quart strawberries, 1 pint blueberries, a savoy cabbage and some new potatoes.

Our garden is growing really well this year. These photos are about a week old and everything has grown quite a bit bigger in the meantime.
















4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I am glad you are back and starting to feel better. Your garden looks lovely. I have spent the day watering, snapping beans and canning...I think the end is in sight!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your garden looks AMAZING! I'll come help you pick veggies anytime you need some help! :)

I hope you continue to feel better. Hugs.

karen said...

I love your garden! My husband is building two raised beds as I type. Maybe one day our garden will look like yours. I am glad you are feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

Garden looks great.....glad you are back out pottering around.