Sunday, May 09, 2010

Weekend

Food.





The weather was gorgeous, the food (all homemade) was great and the Celtic Festival was a lot of fun. We met interesting people and are thinking about joining a Scottish Country Dance group once all that "c-stuff" has been dealt with. The dancing is a lot like the Irish dancing we used to do in Vienna but a little slower and the people in the group are very nice and closer to our age.

I joined an online support group for women in the same situation as I am and they are a big help when things get a bit too much. I gladly follow their advise to take care of myself, rest, relax and do things that I enjoy. I dug out my relaxation CD, got some books and crafts projects ready and keep myself busy with house and garden. As they say the facts are easier to deal with than the emotions.

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

As long as I'm not overtired, I found knitting very soothing. The food looks delicious.