Monday, November 02, 2009

Catching Up

I caught Del's cold and it knocked me out good. First it visited my sinuses making my head feel like it is going to explode, then it settled in my chest, stayed there for two weeks and some bits and pieces of it are still there, I have a lingering nasty cough.
So instead of doing all the usual things I spent the last two weeks with a lot of reading, a little bit of knitting (Del's birthday present) and very little housework and cooking.
Del is on vacation this week and we plan to get the garden cleaned up and I need to catch up on laundry (provided it won't be raining again).
I got everything ready for the church bazaar on Saturday, we will be setting up on Friday and then go in early on Saturday because Del will be helping with the pancake breakfast. I missed church for 4 weeks in a row (first Del was sick, then me and we are not in the habit of sharing our germs with everybody) and I really miss it.

Here are a few pictures I took recently.

Summer's last hurrah.

Fall colors.



A sleeping cat (Mr. Scarface) in my garden.

A birthday card for my mother.

And Miss Kitty helping me make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better! It seems everyone has some sort of illness.

Coleen

Jackie's Stitches said...

You have a beautiful showing of fall color!