Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday

Ever since reading this post on Anna's beautiful blog I have been searching for Pyrex cups and today I finally found some at the Salvation Army thrift store (the green vase just had to come along too).

We have lots of zucchini growing, some cucumbers, carrots and beans. There are also tons of tomatoes on the plants but for some reason none of them show any signs of reddening, I hope they change their mind soon, I want fresh tomatoes! This morning it looked like someone or something had stomped through the tomato plants but I think they might have just fallen over because they are getting heavy and it was windy, the sticks we use for them are obviously too weak. We plan to invest in some tomato cages next year.

I used two of my cucumbers to make bread and butter pickles using this recipe. The neighbors were probably wondering why somebody would drag a jar of pickles into the porch and then take a picture of it. ;)

For some reason a lot of my meals for next week contain zucchini, I wonder why? Right now I have a zucchini bread in the oven and it smells heavenly already. It is very hot here today and we are taking it easy for the rest of the day and probably tomorrow as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
My garden is coming along. It got a late start so I don't expect to harvest anything to soon. I do have some green tomatoes, I can't wait for a nice juicey tomato sandwich, and one small green pepper. My beans are coming along but not even a flower on them. I started some zinnas from seed and they are just peaking out of the ground. Enjoy all your fresh and delicious veggies!
Coleen