Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kittens

The little ones left on Friday morning for their new - temporary - home. They were eating by themselves and using the litter box and mama cat did not seem to mind too much that they were leaving. The grew a lot in the two weeks I had them here and they were ready to go. The weather forecast for the weekend said it would be in the mid 80s which means my mudroom would have become way too hot for them and I could not bring them inside. A friend of mine took them to a pet store whose owner is a friend of hers and she called in the afternoon and told me they did just fine on the way down and were greeted by two other kittens in the store and that the big black boy already found a new home before she even left the store. I hope they all will get as lucky with their new owners as Miss Kitty was. They were fairly easy to catch and put into the carrier, at least two of them, the third one struggled just a bit and the fourth one bit me heartily in the finger when my friend tried to grab it by the scruff of the neck, ouch. The Mama cat is still around and still friendly, she looks for them now and then but she is not searching frantically, so I think she is okay. I spend so much time with my cat that I tend to humanize them and worry more about them than I need to, can't help it, I just love cats and they seem to know that, yesterday morning I saw a new cat at the food bowl, a beautiful Siamese, wonder who let that one out. They were about 6 - 7 weeks old. I hope she will stay around and that we will be able to take her to the vet to have her spayed.

No comments: