Saturday, January 24, 2009

This and That

The purple scarf I knitted for my friend Anni in Vienna arrived exactly on her birthday, it took only five days to get there. My Christmas mail to Germany took a full month, go figure. And now that it has finally arrived I can actually post a picture of the gift here. ;)

I am itching to get back to sewing. I found a huge piece of upholstery fabric at the thrift store before Christmas and I plan to use some of it to re-upholster the little stool I use with my desk. It was left behind by the previous owners of the house and I like it. I plan to paint it white to match the desk (which was also left behind) and then cover the seat with the purple fabric.

I also picked up three skirts at the thrift store with plans for re-purposing them. I planned to turn one of them into an apron but at closer inspection I decided that it is too pretty and too well made to be cut up. It is a wrap skirt and too small for me, but when I turn it into a regular skirt it will fit. Sewing project no. 1. The other two are mini skirts, one is a soft corduroy and I really like the colors, the other one has lots of embroidery, I am not sure yet what they will become but they will be transformed into something else for sure.

Another thrift store find were these vases. I used the milk glass ones in my Christmas decorating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Looks like you found some great things at your thrift shop. The skirts are really pretty. Keep us posted on what you do with them.

Coleen