Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monthly Goals - January 2009 - How did I do?

Setting monthly goals instead of making long term resolutions seems to work for me (so far). Here are my goals for the past month and how I did with reaching them.

Around the house:
Rearrange the pantry - done (and I am even brave enough to post before and after pictures ;) ).

Deep clean the stove - done, discovered a very sharp piece of metal in the back of the oven, ouch!

Crafty stuff:
Finish one UFO (any kind) - I finished the little crochet curtain for the pantry shelf, now I have to figure out a way to hang it.

Knit one item for charity - got a bit carried away with that ;)

Make a few blocks for my Dear Jane Quilt - I have one completely finished and three more are ready for hand applique, I just did not feel like hand sewing.

Books to read:
Dragonfly in Amber (very thick, will take longer than one month) - I am on page 244 (it is not quite as exciting the second time around but still very entertaining).
The Power of a Praying Wife - I did not like it at all and decided to abandon it and donate it to the church library.
finish Women's Voices from the Western Frontier - finished it, liked it a lot.

Personal:
Keep daily quiet time (I plan this for morning after Del leaves) - I admit I am not doing it daily or at the same time every time, some days my mind is too full of other stuff in the morning and I need to work some of it off before I can settle down, but I am working on it.
Read more, spend less time on the computer (playing games) - I am doing okay with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marie, I enjoy your blog so so very much. Keep up the good work. Still cold here in TX, house not selling. Harold still does not have long time work, or health insurance. Worried about the future. I just going to have to trust Jesus that things will be ok.

Shirley