Friday, June 27, 2008

Comfort Cooking

We all have heard of comfort eating, but have you ever tried comfort cooking?
I had a really lousy day yesterday and I am still not up to snuff, but I found some relief in doing things I enjoy.
I chopped up a bunch of veggies to make a greek salad for dinner, I made yogurt and a bread dough starter and I came up with some really yummy rolls for dinner. I used my basic pizza dough recipe, used part regular flour and part whole wheat, added a little oil, garlic, oregano, parmesan and dough enhancer. After much kneading, squeezing and shaping I let them rise under a tea towel and baked them for 25 minutes at 425°. The result was quite good and will be repeated for sure. And I used some wrinkly apples to make apple crisp for dessert.
Today I baked bread, whole wheat with flax seeds. And I am using some "yarn therapy", knitting a new baby sweater.
I don't have any photos of what I made yesterday so I leave you with one of my garden harvest, which will be used in tonight's dinner.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Those veggies look so good, it makes me hungry.
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Friends are precious and loved. I pray that your spirit be lifted in some small way by with this posting.