Sunday, December 30, 2007

Planning for a New Year

The Christmas decorations have all been put away and the house is neat and clean and ready for a new year. Here are a few things I am planning on doing in 2008. Apart from them I will keep myself open to whatever comes my way and make the best of it.

Personal Goals for 2008:

  • Learn to drive.
  • Write more letters.
  • Keep a journal (on paper).
  • Read at least one book per month.

Crafty Goals for 2008:

  • Finish my Women of the Bible Quilt (top at least).
  • Work on my other sampler quilts: Civil War Diary Quilt, Dear Jane
  • I am going to start a "Finish Something Friday" to – hopefully – get some projects finished.
  • Give hand-made gifts only.
  • Make more and different things for my Etsy-Shop

Housekeeping Goals for 2008:

  • Keep the house neat and clean.
  • Declutter regularly.
  • Bake bread, make yogurt, cream cheese and ginger ale.
  • Learn to pickle and preserve fruits and vegetables.
  • Learn to make cheese.
  • Start a small vegetable and herb garden.
  • Try at least one completely new recipe per month.
  • Cook something ethnic once a month.

No comments: