Monday, September 17, 2007

Plans and Goals for 2007 - revisited

Before we start the next stage of our big adventure (moving into our own house - yeah!) I thought I go and check on how I have been doing with my goals for this year.

Personal Goals for 2007:
  • Learn to drive.
  • Nope, did not happen
  • Find a church and attend regularly.
  • Done. Became official members and really enjoy our new church family.
  • Let go of what hurt me in the past and live the new life I came here for.
  • Made really good progress on that one.
  • Grow spiritually, continue on my journey to become a Christian.
  • Getting there, meeting people who are much further along the way was a big help.
  • Write a letter to my parents at the end of every month, complete with photos (whether they are interested in what we do or not).
  • Did that and I am still doing it.
  • Keep a journal (on paper).
  • Did that until I hurt my right thumb and I am still having problems with hand writing.
  • Find a balance between computer time and "real" time. ;)
  • Not perfect yet, but getting better.
  • Refresh my Spanish skills.
  • No, that fell by the wayside.
  • Read the Bible in one year.
  • Not quite.
  • Read at least one book per month.
  • Did not do that. Too much else going on.
  • Lose more weight.
  • Not as much as I was hoping for, but it is still coming off. We put more weight (pardon the pun) on eating healthy than actively losing weight.
  • Exercise regularly.
  • Did good on that one before Summer got too hot, will pick it up again soon.
Crafty Goals for 2007:
  • Finish my Women of the Bible Quilt (top at least), which means also staying with the study. I got behind a little but I am catching up now.
  • Got behind on that one, will move it to next year.
  • Work on my other sampler quilts: Civil War Diary Quilt, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, Dear Jane
  • I gave up on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (due do something the author of the books said on her mailing list), made some progress on the Dear Jane quilt, none on the CWDQ
  • Finish one UFO (unfinished object - as opposed to WIP - work in progress, stuff I actually work on, whereas UFOs are usually laying around in all states of incompletion) per month.
  • Finished only two before other things came along.
  • Make all my cards.
  • I did that.
  • Give hand-made gifts only (as much as possible)
  • Did that one too.
  • Finish all BOMs I started in 2006 (I am currently debating if I allow myself to start the new Debbie Mumm BOM).
  • Did not start the new Debbie Mumm BOM but did not finish the other ones either.
Not all bad I'd say, considering that I did a lot more knitting and crocheting than sewing and I am quite pleased with the progress I made in my personal goals.

No comments: