Tuesday, February 13, 2007

12 x 12 x 12 Challenge - February

My next favorite thing for this challenge is my favorite hockey team - THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS. The background of my piece represents the team jersey for away games (the one for home games is black) - you can see a picture of my favorite players in the white jersey below. Instead of a smooth cotton fabric I used a waffle piqué that I bought a long time ago for a completely different project (a little girl's dress) that never became reality. It resembles the fabric for the hockey jersey a lot more than a smooth fabric would. I also used some gold lamé fabric for the stripes and found it easier to work with than I thought. I printed the team photo and a team puck on fabric and machine appliqued the picture and fused the puck to the background. For embellishments I used some buttons and a team logo pin.



I just have to add that my "Pens" are having a really good season and are second in their division and heading for the play-offs. Last season was really bad for them, but they have grown so much as a team and things can get only better. I was a fan of their's before I moved to NC and I refuse to change that, Hurricanes or not. :))

No comments: