Friday, January 19, 2007

Snow and Visitors

Yesterday it snowed quite a bit here and we had a lot more birds on the balcony than any other day, much to Miss Kitty's delight. I was lurking with my camera for a while but these birdies are smart, they know there is something going on behind that glass and at the slightest movement they took off. I managed to catch two Cardinals, a Chickadee and our two squirrels. I would love to get a picture of our Downy Woodpecker or the Northern Mockingbird , but so far no luck. Two of the squirrel pictures are from a few days ago.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, your pictures are lovely! The colors are so clear and crisp against the snow. :)

His Office, My Studio said...

Great Photos! I am always amazed when animals find the food we leave for them.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see how different the birds are to what is flying around here. :-) I've tried to photograph the titmice on my balcony, but with all the stuff I have there and how much of a distance I have to keep so they don't notice me you can then hardly find the bird. ;-)

Sabine

(??? If this comment turns up three times, it's because blogger doesn't seem to like me at the moment and I'm now trying for the third time to send it...)