Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Homemade Granola

Yum, yum, I never buy cereal again. ;)

On Monday I made a batch of Granola. I googled recipes for homemade Granola Bars and came across this recipe at Living on a Dime. It sounded easy enough and all I had to buy was the dry milk. And I added a small bag of pecans to it. It tastes very good with sliced banana. :)

Homemade Granola

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
5 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup dry milk
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup raisins

Mix brown sugar, oil and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Combine dry ingredients in a large cake pan. Pour syrup over dry mixture and mix well. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Let cool in pan. Add raisins and stir. Store in an airtight container. You can also add wheat germ, coconut, nuts, dates and other dried fruit but this will increase the cost of the granola. Makes 5 cups.

No comments: