Thursday, December 14, 2006

WIP Wednesday

Oops, a day late and a dollar short. :) Trying to have something to show on Wednesdays gets me motivated to actually work on something. Yesterday I made a bible cover to give Del as Christmas present, it should have been a birthday present, but did not get made in time. ;) He picked the colors and I am not very happy with it. No, not because it is red, because I did not trust my measurements, added another strip to the back and now it is a bit too big (and not quite straight either, but that is a different story). I think he will like it anyway.
I have decided to put off finishing the star wall hanging in time for Christmas. A friend of mine has just been told that her cancer is back and I want to make a prayer shawl for her. Went out yesterday and got a really funky yarn and will start on that right away. I hope to be able to at least finish Del's wall hanging in time. I also made a hat for him, he had to try it on for size but I will still wrap it up as a present. I also made three more hats, maybe one day I'll join one of the craft markets around here and try to sell them. I just can't sit and watch TV without doing something with my hands at the same time.
I will be participating in a "Christmas Tour of Homes" tomorrow, hosted by BooMama. So if you want to see my holiday mess, check back in tomorrow. :)
And now for today's pictures:




2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Love those hats! right out of the '70s!

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

Happy be-lated WIP Wednesday!!