Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Cookie Frustration

I baked two types of cookies yesterday and neither one of them came out right. I have no idea why. I followed the recipe and did not forget any ingredient. They are the type where you plop a spoonful of dough on the cookie sheet and when they bake they are supposed to first puff up and then flatten out. Well, mine did not move at all - I swear these things are as lazy as me and my cat ;) - needless to say, they ain't chewy either. If anybody needs something hard to throw at noisy neighbors or publicly speaking politicians, let me know. :)
That's it for me with Christmas baking. I might make some kind of cake for the actual weekend, but no more cookies.

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Did you use the right kind of margarine? some have more fat than others and that affects cookies.

Maria said...

I used butter for both cookies.

Paula, the quilter said...

I blame my cooking failures on atmospheric conditions. Works every time. Yep. LOL!