Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blue Christmas


Last year Christmas came in the middle of our move and settling down and therefore I did not plan or do much. This year I will. :)
Since we have decided to do things differently when we moved to the US I am going to change "my" Christmas colors this year. For me Christmas was always red-white-green-gold. This year I will replace the red with blue. I never really saw blue as a Christmas color, don't know why. All I really need to buy for the change are some blue baubles, I got a lot of golden ones already, our tree last year was red and gold. I would also like to get some kind of decorative rope or ribbon for the tree.
This is also giving me the motivation to finish one of my WIPs, a star wallhanging that I made many moons ago. It is hand pieced and now I will hand quilt it and hope to have it finished before Christmas.
And I will make a table runner for the coffee table. I have the design all picked out and just made a drawing of it using my EQ4 program (yes, I know, EQ6 is about to come out, but I
use the one I have so rarely that I never considered upgrading to EQ5). Here it is. I can make it with fabrics from my stash and don't have to buy anything. The blocks will be paper pieced and I plan to machine quilt it.
I will also make an alternative Advent wreath, but more about that once I get back from shopping, I still need a few ingredients for it.
May I ask a favor from all you fellow quilters out there? Please keep me accountable for sticking to my plans and really get these projects done. :)
BTW, Del and I are making presents for each other this year. I asked for a display case for my thimble collection and he asked for a train wall hanging. One more project to get done.
On this note I better get off the computer and on to my sewing machine. :)

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Posting them on WIP Wed may help you be accountable!

Granny Fran said...

I love that six pointed star pattern.
What is the name of it and is there a pattern I can get?

Maria said...

Fran, if you still want the pattern for the six point star, please email me.

Maria