Sunday, September 17, 2006

This and that

Well, I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. I was getting tired of messed up photos, now at least I can mess them up myself. :)
I am currently learning how to use it and have already taken pictures of various craft projects so I can share them with my online buddies. So far I am very happy with how they turned out.
Friday night, after I bought the camera we went out for dinner and then did our grocery shopping. The Food Lion store we usually go to is getting worse every week. It seems to be very badly managed. Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market and now I am the proud owner of 10 beautiful little turnips. I have never cooked turnip before but got some advice on how to from my friend Faith. We'll have some of them for lunch today. After the market we ended up going to Harris Teeter to get all the stuff the other store did not have. I also went to PetSmart for some goodies for Miss Kitty and the had an adoption fair for cats going on, kittens actually. They were all so sweet, I really wish I could have gotten some of them, but Miss Kitty would never forgive us. I hope they all found good homes. Cats don't seem to be as highly valued here as dogs.
After lunch we wanted to go to a festival in one of the parks but we were unable to find a parking spot and so we ended up exploring some new areas and do some shopping. I bought a pair of Halloween socks to go with my Halloween shirt. ;)

No comments: