Monday, September 18, 2006

Quilting the Psalms


I have joined a new bible study group led by Carol Honderich. We are studying 30 Psalms over a period of 30 weeks and Carol supplies us with patterns for quilt blocks to interpret the psalms we study. When I started to iron the fabrics for the first block I felt strongly that I should not start another quilt. Instead I am trying to do something completely new to me. I will make a fabric journal. The pages are regular letter size and I will print the words of the Psalm on the back of each page. I do not know yet how I will put it all together but I think 30 weeks is long enough to come up with an idea. I am going to post the pages here as I finish them.
This is the page for Week 1 - Psalm 1. The image of the tree, deeply rooted beside the river and sustained by it, like the believer who is deeply rooted in the law of the Lord, who provides for all his needs, was the one that spoke the strongest to me during the study of Psalm 1.

No comments: