Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This and that

With Del at work I have plenty of "me-time" now. After he leaves around 7 am I spend some time on the computer, reading emails, checking my quilting lists and the websites I usually visit, chat with my friend Faith and write some emails, then I do my exercise while watching an episode of "Highlander". I use the rest of the morning to work on my various quilt projects, they seem to multiply, every time I turn around I find something else I would like to make. :) After lunch I spend some time on the computer again, then I either sew some more or watch a movie and work on more afghans for VJGC. Oh, and sometime during the day Miss Kitty usually shows up for some schmoozing time. :-)
I have joined a new Women of the Bible Quilt group. I got so behind on both the study and my blocks that I decided to start over. It will officially start in September and I plan to stick with it and be more active in it.
On Saturday we go to the Farmer's Market, do our other grocery shopping and on Sunday we either go to church or for a long walk and then fall asleep while watching a race. :) Since fuel prices are still high and rising we do not go to church every Sunday, it is a long drive.
I know it does not sound all too exciting but it feels good after all the stress of the past year and certainly after the kind of life we had in Vienna. I am glad we made the move, the pace of life here suits us much more than the rat race in the big city. Del really enjoys his new job and likes his co-workers and I am happy about that.
Miss Kitty is her usual purry sweet self again and since we got a hummingbird feeder on the balcony she has even more critters to watch. I love watching them too, those little birdies are precious.

No comments: