Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This and that


This morning I was looking at lots of photos of other people's quilts and I got so inspired, that I went and --- cleaned up my sewing area. ;) I was actually trying to find some patterns and while I was at it, I completely re-organized everything. Now I can only hope that I will be able to remember where everything is. Much to my surprise I discovered a box of scraps. I thought I had left them all behind when we moved but obviously I must have thought some of them worth saving. I found a small bag of squares, a bigger bag of triangles, a bunch of bigger pieces and some orphan blocks. I also pulled out my UFO box and fondled my Y2K-Quilt, for which I swapped 3" squares in 1998/99. I have put the 2000 squares together in blocks of 25 each and then connected the blocks with black sashing into rows. That's as far as I got, that thing is going to be HUGE. I will eventually join the rows and put a border on, and once I can afford it, I will send it off to be machine quilted, there is no way I'll ever get it hand quilted and it is just too big to fit under my sewing machine. I will also send my Round Robin off to be quilted, it is also very big. My plan for the rest of the day is to finish some afghans and watch TV. It is way too hot and humid to go outside.

No comments: