Thursday, May 25, 2006

This and that


Yesterday I had one of these days where nothing was going right. Del was in Raleigh for two job interviews and I decided to spend the day sewing. I started with the May block for the RCTQ-BOM quilt. I had trouble concentrating and had to rip out a few seams and in the end I sewed the two parts of the block together at the wrong end. :) Bad enough, next I worked on a DJ block that did not really look all that difficult but somehow I messed it up and had to rip out seams again. It felt as if I ripped more than I sewed. I gave up after I took it apart for the third time and it still does not look like I want it to, I guess it goes in the pile of "better finished than perfect" blocks.
The other picture in this post shows the RCTQ-BOM block for April.
After that I did not even attempt to make any blocks for my WOBQ, although I am already a little behind with them.
Today we delivered 6 afghans to the Camp. I asked if they needed more quilts, but they have gone from quilts to fleece blankets after some quilts turned out not to be washable. Why people do that when they ask specifically for quilts that can be washed, I don't know. I have two that are almost finished and that were meant for the camp, but now I have to think about another use for them. Maybe I sell them and donate the money.
After the visit to the camp we went out to lunch and then did some shopping. I bought two light summer pants, both are a size smaller than the last ones I bought and they fit very comfortably. I also got a cute pink sweater for me and some new polo shirts for Del. I finally bought one of those exercise balls and two 3 lbs. dumbells, now I can try some of the other exercises from the sparkpeople site. I also got more yarn for more afghans for the Camp and more beads and I found a Sidney Crosby figurine (could not resist getting that one).
The weather was beautiful all day today, warm and sunny.
Miss Kitty is mad at me. Last night she found a big centipede in our bedroom (Yikes!) and because I was not sure if it could harm her, I did not let her keep it. :) We caught it and threw it out the front door. She spent half the night sitting by our bed and kept looking under it if, by any chance, there might be more of the funny things (luckily there weren't). Today she still keeps looking under the bed. Since I found out that they can bite but are not poisonous she can keep the next one she finds. :)
Oops, time flies when you are having fun, I better go to bed.

No comments: